To continue the concept explained in the former post I will post what I had in mind first and how I’ve changed my mind into something I will work on starting in a bit.
I thought of photographing my graduation work on Collodion first but the graduation work has text in the images. After that body of work I wasn’t so sure anymore the text was needed as the series on its own were very capable of conveying the story. But since it has been made on film there was nothing I could do to change that and redoing the photographs is something I will never do as it they took so much effort in making. Most of the photos have been redone 3, 4, 5 or even 6 times to get them right. Self portraits are not the most easy thing to do but it was very rewarding in the end.
Unfortunately when I exhibited the work when it was done there was a draft which caused the images to flip over on the wall, scraping over the wall and ended up being severely damaged. After all this work it was like a stab through the heart and never felt like redoing any of them.
So…last Friday I took an image to photograph on Collodion to see what the result would be. The text kind of faded a bit due to Collodion registrating things slightly different than normal film. And that made me decide it was not suitable.
Last night I couldn’t sleep and finally had the time to rethink my concept all over. I decided I would make digital images in studio, self portraits, modify them in Photoshop to make them look like the horribly altered magazine-photos where nothing is real anymore, and than rephotograph them on Collodion. That way I would combine 2 extremes in techniques and perfection vs. non-perfection. More to follow on that soon!